“As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” – Proverbs 27:17
Our purpose for MHBC Men’s Ministry is to draw the men in our community into a deeper relationship with God. We believe that men, as husbands and fathers, need an intimate, personal relationship with God. Families more than ever need men to be the spiritual leaders that God created them to be.
God has a plan and purpose for each man that he created. One of our goals is to connect each man’s gifts with God’s purpose for him. This leads to sharing the Gospel in our community and world through deeds, words and service.
- Our main gathering takes place on the first Saturday of each month at 8:00 a.m. During this time, we study the Bible together, participate in fellowship with one another, and practice accountability. Through these practices, we strive to grow closer to God personally and communally.
- In addition to these monthly meetings, we perform numerous work projects for the surrounding community and the church grounds, beautifying our adopted highway.
- Mission trip opportunities in the USA and abroad. We have an ongoing partnership with Good Shepherd Guatemala-IICD.
- In May of each year, we have a men’s retreat. NC Baptist Men sponsors an “Outdoor Weekend” at Camp Caraway and this is a great time of fun, fellowship, and spiritual growth.
Four cornerstones of our Men’s Ministry
Men to Salvation (outreach and fellowship)
– Establish Men to Spiritual Maturity (discipleship)
– Equip Men for Ministry (service within the body of the church)
– Extend Men on Mission (local, state, national, and international missions)
How to get involved with Mount Hermon Baptist Men
First Saturday of each month, 8:00 am to 9:30 am Breakfast Fellowship
May of each year, Camp Caraway Men’s Outdoor Weekend
Weekly small group studies
Operation Inasmuch Community Day in the Spring
Yates Baptist Association Annual Golf Tournament in September
Mission trip opportunities each year
When we, as men, become more like Jesus, the Son of God, we are more able and willing to fulfill the great commission of Matthew 28:19-20. All men are invited to join us as we meet on the first Saturday of each month at 8:00 a.m. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us!